Sunday, September 12, 2004

Labor Day, Fireworks and the 9th Challenger Letter

Every Sunday before Labor Day in Cincinnati a local rock station puts on a huge fireworks show. The fireworks are launched from barges anchored in the Ohio River between the Bengal's and Red's stadium and thousands line the banks on the Ohio and Kentucky side to watch. Pretty cool. They're huge!

Bellevue is right across from Cincinnati so instead of fighting traffic and paying for $15 parking, we walk down to the river in about 10 minutes, stop when it gets too crowded, watch, and walk home. No muss; no fuss - just another nice feature of living in Bellevue. Knowing both the Divine Mrs. M and myself, if we lived in the suburbs, we would never come down to see them. Too much trouble.

Anyway, the fireworks were the focus of The Sunday Challenger last week. Here's one of their articles. So I answered with this letter to the editor. I don't think it was one of my best; a little too saccarine for my tastes but I had to write something to keep the streak going. This makes number nine and I've just finished writing number 10. That was the goal - ten in a row. Check back next week to see if I made it.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page