Thursday, October 28, 2004

My Trips to See Pres. Bush, the Sec. of Treas and Energy

Just when I got bored with the election....

My office is in a battleground state (Ohio) so that means we get lots of attention. My home is in Kentucky - safely Republican, but only 6 electoral votes - so that means we get diddley squat. Last night, I received a call and was invited to a roundtable discussion with Don Evans, Secretary of the Treasury and Spencer Abrams, Secretary of Energy for today at 4:00. It's just a campaign rally and I'm sure the "roundtable" will hold about 1,000 people, but the idea of meeting the Treasury guy is exciting. This guy has so much power that a verbal flub like I have on an hourly basis can implode financial systems. That's just so cool.

A political friend also called to ask if I wanted tickets to see Bush. Yes, I said. If nothing else, it will be good for Daughter No. 1 to get a taste of the political experience. So this coming Sunday, we'll walk across the river to Great American Ballpark to see Bushy. There will be thousands so no handshake with the Prez, but it should be educational for the girl.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page