Friday, November 26, 2004

Day After Thanksgiving Christmas Shopping

I'm angry.

I'm at the office. It's 7:25 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving. Due to circumstances, I have to be here.

What I'm angry at is people. A lot all of you people. I'm angry at things like this. Target has a wake up call for people to go shopping today. Across from my office is a nice shopping center with a Best Buy, a Dick's Sporting Goods, a Panera Bread. Down the street is a Target and Hallmark Shop and a few other things I can't remember. The parking lot is packed. Day hasn't broken yet, but I can see by the light of the flourscent glow people hustling in and out arms full.

I don't want anyone anywhere anymore giving me any crap about not being able to enjoy time with the family or life being too stressful or busy. You people that are out at 7:25 a.m. in the morning chill shopping have been given a perfect time to sleep in with loved one's; to enjoy a good read or some good movies. Hell, enjoy some bad movies if you want. You can lounge around and play a board game with your kids or try to learn their x-box. No! You decided to haul your fat American suburban consumerist ass out of bed earlier than you do for your job to go elbow other fat American asses to get some piece of crap that you won't be able to remember this time next year. In a couple of hours your going to go home tired and exasperated and bark at your wife who spent all day yesterday feeding that growing gut of yours into a tryptophanic coma or your going to snipe at your husband who spent the last 11 months of this year dragging himself out of bed to earn the cash for your little spending orgy when all he wants today is some damn quiet.

I'm a capitalist. That's what my book is about. But I also work with the public daily and hear their petty little gripes and moans and bitches. Spend your money, I don't care. But next time you want to engage in some onanistic whining about how rough life is just remember this day. The calender gave you day - a whole day - to spend with those who matter to you. It's given you a day to reconnect with the kid of yours or to cuddle your wife in the morning or to give your soul some nourishment through a book or quiet or a vigourous walk in the park and you - you - decided to go shopping! Hope you enjoy that piece of crap you bought.

You disgust me.

Don't Stay You.

Back to Main Page