Sunday, November 28, 2004

This Week's Sunday Challenger Article

The entire edition of this week's Sunday Challenger is dedicated to religious & social services agencies in Northern Kentucky.

Mine is on the Northern Kentucky InterFaith Commission. The bearded guy in the Roman collar is my pastor. The Indian guy is a minister at a Disciples of Christ church in Covington, Kentucky. I hope you enjoy the article. The Commision does alot of good in my community and that's important this time of year. I'm not much of a religious guy (see here) but I think they will like what I wrote and won't mind the publicity.

In my more misanthropic moods, I always ask myself why do people go out of their way to help others during Christmas and then forget about them come January (or earlier). We do; I guess it's human nature. I started reading Dicken's A Christmas Carol to Daughter No. 1 this past week. I've seen about 73 movies and stage adaptations of it, it's about time I read the original. With some sumarizing and synopising, Dagny gets the gist of it. Anyway, early in the book, some local merchants come to Scrooge to ask for donations for the poor. One of them states: "We choose this time because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices." Scrooge then tells the guy to go fornicate with himself, but it's true. Too true. Go make a donation to your favorite charity- it's Christmas and "Abundance rejoices."

Stay You.

Back to Main Page