Thursday, December 16, 2004

Birthday Thanks and Christmas Blahs

Thanks to all who wished The Divine Mrs. M. a Happy Birthday. You make me look good.

Her gift was tickets to the Nutcracker at Cincinnati's Music Hall for the whole family. Music Hall is beautiful and we've gone several times BC (before children) to the summer opera series, but not so much now.

Ahhhh, BC. We used to go the the
Shakespeare Festival and the Ballet and a couple little art theatres. Now I just want my Tivo to work.

Anyway, we'll go to the Nutcracker later this month.

I offered The Divine Mrs. M a quiet dinner at home ordered in after the kids were in bed, but she wanted a family occasion so off to a restaurant we've enjoyed before called Washington Platform. We parked about a block and a half away. The air was bitingly cold so we did a quick jog to their door to be greeted by a hand lettered sign saying "Closed Tonite - gas problems." Damn. Back to the car in the biting cold. Where to? Where all the restaurants are around our house - the Levee! Our too many choices are here. Where'd Mrs. M pick? Here. Claddagh's Irish Pub. The girls were good and we left satisfied and Mrs. M. was happy which was the whole point. Mrs. M. had the Shepard's Stew and I had a half order of Fish and Chips where the fish was as big as my forearm. I would have been afraid of the full order.

Blogging will be light but I'm still trying for daily for the rest of December. I'm burning out. Maybe we'll try photoblogging. I have a new sweater I may model for you. Check back.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page