Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas Is An Ugly Bitch That Needs to Get Paid

Sorry for the obscense post title but that's the way I feel most times.

I'm never at my best at Christmastime. Too many people making too many demands of me. It gets me grumpy when everyone else says - demands - I should be merry. It seems like the the burners that are normal life are turned up even more. More time away from home, more work committments, more social events, and money just flying out every window in the house. My pot is boiling over. I try to keep a lid on it because any steam let off ends up in the common Christmas Carol refrain that I RUINED CHRISTMAS!

I just want to make it to this Sunday, coast through to New Year's, get loaded on good wine, and face a cold, eventless, expectationless January with nothing to do but go to work and come home to quiet.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page