Monday, December 06, 2004

Sen. McCain Wants to Shot Barry Bonds/Jason Giambi in the Back

I don't follow baseball. I'm sure it's a good game. I go to one or two games a year. I can hear the crowds cheer the Reds at the Great American Ball Park from my house and that's nice on warm summer nights while I sit in my little above ground pool, but I just can't get all worked up about the game.

That's why I'm surprised (not really) that John McCain is proposing legislation over this whole steriod deal. As I address in my book, most legislation is one form or another of a tax. That's not good. Put aside taxes for now. Just think about what McCain is suggesting here. To end the abuse of steroids by a bunch of well-paid atheles, he wants to bring the full force, weight and measure of the U.S. Federal Government to bear on them with all of it's prosecutorial, judicial and law enforcement powers. Doesn't this seem a little too much? Apparently, not to the Senator.

With congress passing laws whether they be 'roid rules or taxes, I always apply the O'Rouke test. P.J. O'Rourke asked about taxes,
"Would I kill my kindly, gray-haired mother for this? He explains that "all tax revenue is the result of holding a gun to somebody's head. Not paying taxes is against the law. If you don't pay your taxes, you'll be fined. If you don't pay the fine, you'll be jailed. If you try to escape from jail, you'll be shot."

My question to John McCain: would he be willing to shot Jason Giambi or Barry Bonds in the back over their steriod use? If no, stay out of it, Senator.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page