Tuesday, January 04, 2005

America the Stingy & A Little House Cleaning

I'm a little irritated about all the talk of American stinginess? Let it be noted that if the guy in the background of this picture goes up to a US Marine asking for clean water wearing this shirt, the Marine will give it to him without shotting him. 'nuff said.

I don't want to write a rant today so to change the tone I thought it best to address some issues from the comments of yesterdays post.

I'm so disappointed in Madame Butterfly. I think she thinks that I made up the name of the Girl Scout Council in my Challenger article. She seems to infer some sexual connotion in the name Licking Valley Girl Scouts. But hey, that's the name. See here. Here's a map of the Cincinnati area. See that little blue line that runs south from the Ohio. That's the Licking River. There's nothing sexual about eating the cookies of a Licking Valley Girl Scout.

Is
there?

If you're not too disappointed in Madame, why don't you go read about her here. You might see something you like.

As for Katie's questions: Doesn't everyone know that to not burn muffins you fill one of the spaces in the muffin pan with water? Come on, what do they teach you in that medical school? I mean, I know it's in North Charleston, but it can't all be leeches and phrenology.

As for the monetary return on cookie sales, I think that it's worth it. I can't really do a return calculation for you because the scout troops themselves don't put up any money. It's all sweat equity. There's no monetary investment and no risk. So the first dollar earned is all profit to the girls. Go to this site to see the breakdown at last year's price of $2.50 (click on how the cookie crumbles in underlined red). Plus, it keeps the girls off the crack.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page