Monday, January 03, 2005

Let's Have A Good Year!

This is the way I felt at the beginning of every new school year. The turning of the calender leads to a catharsis. I toss off the negativity of the past year and reset my mind to do "Great Things."

I have plans! I do. I'm going to improve the home substantially. I'm going to bring on alot more clients. I promise to be more patient with the kids.

Yesterday, I spent a few hours getting my latest article for the Challenger done. I fixed the spare tire swing-out gate thingy on my wife's car that had broken during the storm last week and I finally took a look at the stove. The Divine Mrs. M. has been having to relight the pilot light for the oven and one of the burners. It makes her swear and curse. Between my own brain power and the wonders of google, I discovered that these gas ovens need to be....cleaned? Every few years, even. I'm not talking about wiping the stove off after cooking chili. But the little points where the gas comes out in the oven and underneath the cook top needed to be cleaned. A couple of hours of figuring this out, several q-tips and the thing runs like a champ. I had planned on buying a new one soon - not now.

My article on the girl scouts was published yesterday. There was a mistake made after submission. The Samoa is still the Samoa in Northern Kentucky and is not the Caramel Delight. That's Cincinnati. These people take their cookies seriously so you better get it right. A correction will be in next week's paper and the on-line version - I just noticed - has already been corrected. I'm learning alot by doing these articles. The thing I learned most over the last two articles is that not everyone likes the idea of having a story done about them. Why? I don't know. If someone wanted to do an article about my book or my business, I would be happy as heck. But apparently that's just me. Some people need convincing and cajoling. I didn't expect to have to do that.

Hope you like the article.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page