Sunday, January 16, 2005

Where Am I?

I was pretty excited by my CPA roundtable article that was to appear in The Sunday Challenger. I even told a client about it. The Divine Mrs. M picked up a copy at the newstand for me and it looked good. I got the front page of the "Money and Classifieds" section. Yippee for me! But when I got on-line to post about it to you, it wasn't on the website - at least as of the time I write this. No link! Nothing for my blog buddies!

For those who don't believe me. I included a shot of the section below. That's me in my kitchen holding the evidence. And yes, I know I have horrible '80s flourscent lights in my kitchen. Like I told The Divine Mrs. M. - "I'm getting to it!"



Here's a close up of my little bio in that green box:


This little roundtable took a while to put together. Especially since it was a week before Christmas. On a pure pay basis, it didn't really met minimum wage standards, but it got me in front of 4 prominent CPAs for an hour and that's always good for someone in the investment business.

I'm amazed at how many CPAs didn't have any interest in participating. I wanted to shake them and say "You can get free publicity! People pay through the nose for this!" But of course I just said ok and moved on to the next name on my list. One thing I've learned is that CPAs are not the most marketing oriented business people. One CPA sent me a thank you letter. That was nice.

This weekend I worked on an article about the new building the local Catholic Jr. High is moving into. It's not too exciting and I didn't think my editor would do it, but she did. Thank you, Tricia. Now let's see if I did a good enough job to get it ran.

That's all I've got for you. Sorry for being so self absorbed but I haven't watched the news at all this weekend.