Sunday, February 06, 2005

I'm Back and Kicking Ass

O-kay, I needed a break. Not from you, my blogloved readers, but from work. Things have just begun to crush me.

I last post about Grandma's Old Chevy and had every intention of keeping up through the week. The Iraq elections seemed just ripe for blogging, but then....

Well, the whole month of January is kicking my ass. I made two resolutions for 2005. The first was to seriously grow my business. As if by magic, things started clicking. Clients called, referrals called, some people called just out of the blue. I've been working late most nights. As of right now I'm terribly behind. But it's how the money is made. I have two seminars I'm working on filling. The first if a client appreciation dinner on February 17th. Anyone reading this who will be in Cincinnati that night is invited. I'm having a guest speaker so I'm off the hook except for getting my people and their friends there and paying the tab. I expect about 40+. The next one is March 17th and I'll be the guest speaker for a prominent mortgage broker's client appreciation dinner. Both of these should generate new clients which also means lotsa meeting and follow up work. Cool!

The second resolution was to get to the gym 3x per week. This one is with The Divine Mrs. M also. We've done pretty good since joing the gym a few years ago, but during November and December, out 3-4 x per week dwindled down to 1-2x per week. Not good. As of today, we've hit just about every other day. If I get home around 9:30 (happened several times), I put on the gym clothes and get there for 1 1/2 hours. It's gotta be done. So between work and kids and gym. Blogging is coming in last. Sorry.

But here's my excuses....

I spent Saturday running around for work. My work. My business. Half the meetings cancelled because of an ice storm that had hit and the rest of semi-productive. I then spent the rest of Saturday at the library with Daughter No. 1. I can't remember Sunday, but it was kid stuff because I was leaving and they needed Daddytime.

On Monday I prepped for a trip to Akron Ohio. Yes, Akron. Yes, oh, hell, it sucked. My firm has bought the business of a retiring advisor and this trip was to throw two retirement receptions for him and to meet his people.

The first night - Tuesday - was in Canton (see just south on map above). Home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame! I haven't watched football in about 4 years so I'm not all that impressed (hence, my blogging during the Super Bowl). Our hotel was near the hall, but I didn't see it. Did I mention the hotel? What a hotel! Just kidding. Since it's right by the aforementioned hall it was decorated in every available spot with pro football crap, eh, memorabilia. Heck, go here for a virtual tour. We stayed in the Dan Dierdorf Room which has a picture of Dan Dierdorf in the Dan Dierdorf Room. How cool is that?

The next two evening were in Akron proper. Or rather in two places meeting with people constantly. The first was a another Sheraton. This one is pretty nice. It is built along side a river and the river turns into some rapids just behind the hotel. Go see the pics. That glass protrusion sticking out. That's the large, expensive, and tasty restaurant. I had the lobster bisque one night and a stuffed chicken wrapped in prosciuto the next. As for Sara, say you're with me and she'll hook you up.

Whoops! Time to get the kids to bed. Sorry I missed you. Sorry about the writing. No time to proofread.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page