Thursday, March 17, 2005

Big Night

I have a big night tonight. I speak to about 40 selected top clients of a local mortgage broker. Really no big deal. I tell them what I tell everybody, hope they like what I say and decide to work with me. I speak for about 45 minutes to an hour. But it's exhausting. Not while I'm doing it, but the day after. I think it's the concentration it demands - I don't know how politicians do it during campaigns. Maybe it's a conditioning thing.

Anyway, because I had to get somethings prepared for tonight, I scheduled an easy week. No late nights, light days. Finish up paperwork and relax. Except Monday I had to work late. Then on Tuesday, the Divine Mrs. M. calls from here. Car stalled. Please rescue. I rescue.

We spend the night testing battery, then alternator, then towing, then talking to mechanics. Then dinner at pizza joint (scroll to bottom). Ok, still need to relax.

Wednesday, mechanic calls. He says, "Cars need oil. You didn't have any. Please give me $2,000." I say, "I don't think you understand. I need to relax this week. I have a big deal on Thursday." He says, "$2,000." I say, "I don't have it to spare. Can't you wave some kind of magic wand?" He says, "I'll show you a magic wand!"

Oh, and the lease is up in a couple of months.

But I'm still relaxed. Wish me luck tonight.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page