Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Waiting is the Hardest Part

Next month will be the 35th anniversary of my birth so I’ve bought myself a couple of early birthday presents, but I have to wait. It's like getting toys on Christmas Day but no batteries.

On Saturday night I signed up with liverack for a domain name and hosting services for a new venture I hope will help pay some of these bills. The site said I should receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours. I’m still waiting and have had no response to my queries. Anybody out there ever work with these people?

I also went out and signed up for high-speed internet at home. Yes, until now, I’ve had dial-up…on a free time-limited juno account at that. Hah! But with the aforementioned venture, I think it would aid The Divine Mrs. M and myself greatly to have “blazing fast speed” as the box says. But alas, they have to check the lines so no high speed until Thursday night, maybe Friday. More waiting....

While signing up for high speed at the Cincinnati Bell store, I also signed up for 17 calling features. These were readily available, but just a new program since we turned the phone on in our house in 1999. They just didn't tell us. Oh, well. I mostly just want caller id (no, I don’t have caller id either). That supposedly must wait until tonight. More waiting - and I’m not crossing my fingers....

I then went to Best Buy and bought myself a pay-as-you-go phone. Kind of ugly, but I just need it for the car. I went home to activate and waited for the text message. The voice said it would be about 4 minutes. One episode of The Shield later still nothing. I call again. “Oh, here’s the problem. Please wait 4-5 minutes for the text message. It’s morning and still nothing. I call again. Petulant customer service drone said, “Well, it’s usually 4-5 minutes but can take up to 24 hours. Please call then.” Click.

I thought I’d blog about my childish impatience but blogger is down. I could wait, but I’ll type this up in Word and then copy and paste.

I’m waiting and waiting. I want to play with my new toys. Work is soooo boring. Life sucks. When I grow up I'm gonna really Rock! in my loft downtown, man.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page