Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Aaaa-chooo

Got a late winter/early spring cold. I hate it when that happens.

I don't care about anything right now except going home and getting comfortable. I want to sleep, but The Shield is on tonight. Must sleep...must watch The Shield...Must Sleep....Must Watch The Shield.

Who am I kidding? I know The Shield will win.

I go to a meeting with Daughter #1's speech therapist. I know that sounds extreme, but it's not serious. Apparently she mixes up the sounds of her R's with W's. I can't hear it. The Divine Mrs. M. says it's there and probably needs fixing. I'm wondering how many Federal dollars are involved. Which leads me to the questions....

Don't we live in Kentucky?

Isn't she suppose to speak differently? Who decides whether a Northeastern accent is bad and a mid-Western accent is good? In our little spot in Northern Kentucky, you get a variety of accents. The Divine and I speak with a flat mid-Western, but many of her friends have an Appalachian accent that truly grates on my nerves. Most people have a Cincinnati accent (with quirky grammar) that is also a little unique. I spent my summers in South Carolina. I can easily sleep into that twang if I'm not careful, but who says that twang is wrong?

I feel a Sudafed induced rant into the merits of our fine federalist system of government coming on so I'll stop - for your sake.

Anyway, these are questions I've asked before and not gotten a response on. Tomorrow I think I'll press a little harder. The Divine Mrs. M may give me a polite kick under the table, but I'm gonna have to ax them.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page