Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Howard the Pool Boy

I opened the pool last night. The Divine called to say it doesn't look too bad today.

Don't think this is some fancy teardrop shaped olympic pool. I try to live simply. The Divine Mrs. M. says cheaply. Either way, it's 4' deep of cool refreshment after mowing the small piece of group that I call a yard.

I hauled out the pump, removed the tarp, and started to reconnect the hoses to the filter. The hoses however and gone through a major degeneration process over the winter and - when touched - crumbled.

I was begin shot with water going everywhere. The Divine and the girls were at a volleyball game and the rush of water wouldn't stop. After much soaking, much swearing, and much scrambling for miscellaneous hose segments, I stopped the break.

I drove up to the little neighborhood hardware store in town. It was close and I like to support local small businesses, but at 6:45 they were closed. Fine, I said a swear and drove the 5 miles to one of those evil big box stores that victimizes the little man. They had what I needed at a cheaper price (including the cost of gas).

Anyway, now the water is clearing and weather is warming and I'll be ready for chlorine clean fun.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page