Monday, May 09, 2005

Mainstreaming of Pedophilia

I have commented in a few places that pedophilia is the next great cultural taboo that will be broken. Many smirk at me, but put in perspective, there's alot done now that was smirked at in the past. Turn the clock back a few years on societies sexual outlook on gay marriage, co-habitation, interracial marriage.

Your average 80-year old has seen a lot of changes in her time. She deserves some credit.

Bill Maher on the Late Late Show makes my point on pedophilia though. I missed this in the Corner.

CBS

Late Late Show

May 3, 2005

34:00

Bill Maher: "I think that there is no perspective. People have no perspective, especially about crime. You know, zero tolerance. You know, of course, nobody ever wants to see a child, you know, diddled. That’s just plain wrong. But even the people who are testifying against him, they’re saying that he serviced them. They didn’t service him."

Craig Ferguson: "You don’t have kids, do you, Bill?"

Maher: "No."

Ferguson: "No. I have a son. It makes me crazy, this thing, this Michael Jackson thing. It drives me, the idea of someone touching my kid, I would go, I nearly swore there. I’d go crazy."

Maher: "Very wrong. But, you know, I remember when I was a kid. I was savagely beaten once by bullies in the schoolyard. Savagely beaten. If I had a choice between being savagely beaten and being gently masturbated by a pop star. It’s just me."

Ferguson: "The always controversial Bill Maher, everybody."

Maher: "What? That’s it?"

Ferguson: "Bill Maher. We’ll be right back with Rain Pryor."

Did he say a kid should be blown by an adult that beaten on the playyard? For Maher to have this thought, I'm sure he tried it out on his people and I'm sure that they agreed.

I can almost buy into the argument: Who do you want your straight or homosexually curious son or daughter to experiment with? An experienced adult or some inexperience, clutzy kid?

Don't women want their first time to be with someone with a few...road miles... on them? Maybe I'm wrong there. But I don't think women want someone with no experience. Am I wrong?

Then I think: Hey, it's a kid, motherf#^&er? For the adults it's hand off and if you want to put your hands on that shows there's something wrong with you gay or straight. If you're tempted - end yourself! That's the right thing to do.

As for Bill Maher, I don't think his terrorist are brave statements were all that outrageous. (more outrageous was a show called Politically Incorrect that was the most politically correct on tv - not to mention not funny.)

But this was and I just heard about it. Have I had my head in the sand? No. This is the opening salvo. I'm sure there's already research papers in the works or published already claiming pedophilia isn't that harmful. Expect a refining and negation of the definition of pedophila. Post- versus pre-pubscent sex maybe? Post- isn't bad and pre- is? Just a question. Just a prediction.

The fact that Maher isn't publicly hung out to dry is telling about us. Let's check back in 10 years and see if this story about NAMBLA is thought of the same way. They appear to be just helpful citizens and I'm forcing my close-minded outlook on them.

We're all going to hell. See you there.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page