Monday, August 15, 2005

The ELCA Roast of Israel

I came home after a late night of working at the office last night to the sound of The Divine Mrs. Ms.'s laughter rocking the house. The Comedy Central Roast of Pamela Anderson was ending. I watched part of the replay and have come to the conclusion that The Divine Mrs. M and I are the only ones not to have seen that honeymoon video.

I really feel left out. I want to see it. I don't want to troll the internet for it because I might get a bad bug. Anyone know where I can find it?

We paid the first months tuition and the book bill for my eldest daughter to begin 3rd grade yesterday. We also bought what I think is called a jumper. The school has the uniform store come right to the parking lot with a big truck loaded up. It saves a trip downtown. Fox's Clothing is apparently owned by a Jewish family. I'm stereotyping and going on looks which I know is a sin, but they looked really Jewish.

Where else can a Lutheran family buy school uniforms from a Jewish store for attendance at a Catholic school? Maybe alot of places, but not most and not for but a blink of history. It's great my kids get to be alive during this time.

Speaking of my church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, has come out strong against Israel. That's helpful. I'm sure Israel gives a rat's ass. I'm still not sure what Israel has done but defend itself. I have no dog in this fight. I'm still just curious. If Israel is evil I want to know it. Why are they so bad?

I've touched on this before, but I'm at the end of my rope with alot of religion. I don't like the Republican bible thumper types. I don't like the anti-Semitism and over liberalism of most mainline protestant churches. I've given the Catholics a thought since they are educating my kids, but I still have a problem with that poking teenage boys in the butt thing. There's a point where I'm going to slap my head and say, "I can just stay home on Sundays."

Stay You.
Back to Main Page