Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Vacation is Over

I rarely write about work because of privacy and work place politics concern. Plus I just don't like to think about it while I blog away.

Yesterday was the first day back for me from vacation. I normally leave the house at 7:00 and get to the office by 7:30ish. At 6:55 the guy I have sat next to for the last 5 years knocked on my door (he lives close by) handed me his resignation (technically, I'm his branch manager) and is gone. His desk was already cleaned out. That's it. No big deal in most work places but in a 4 person office (that includes the secretary) that's a big change.

I did a good job of prepping before I left for the week. I came in for a short time on Sunday evening to just get the basics done, but now I have to decide what to do. He was apparently planning this for a little while because I haven't found many things that he has left undone

Things aren't a mess, just confused and different.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page