Saturday, October 08, 2005

TAGS Your It

Here's my latest article for the Enquirer. I'm having trouble on two fronts with these Enquirer stories. They are less feature oriented than my work for the Challenger (i.e. shorter).

I like telling a story better, but I think just doing straight news (I guess you can call this a straight news story) I think will make me a better writer. Trying to say something in 250 words is alot harder than using 800; actually I think my sweet spoke with about 650. There's that old saw "I'm sorry this is such a long letter, I didn't have time to write a short one." Like most cliches and stereotypes, it's true. Right now, I don't think I have the skill either. But it's coming.

George Clooney will never make a movie about my journalism (that sounds like a good thing) but this little story paid for week of school or a couple nice dinners out. Not bad for a little bit of work.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page