Tuesday, November 15, 2005

We are the World

This is the country we live in. There are three people in my office. The boss is a first generation Greek who attends an Eastern Orthodox church. The secretary is a Roman Catholic German-American whose family has lived in the neighborhood for years. Me? I'm a protestant of Scottish and English heritage. My mother's side sharecropped in Georgia since the late 1600's and my dad's side moved to Detroit to work at the Ford plant in the 30's.

Not once have we had any ethnic or religious strife in the office. No crusades, Jihad's or purges. Kind of cool and unique in the history of the world and I'm in the middle of it.

Here's a story featuring a girl from Uzbekistan being taught piano by a Ukrainian in Northern Kentucky, USA of all places.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page