Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Play's The Thing

I always thought I'd want to be in a play. In 7th grade I even auditioned for my middle school's dinner theatre production of The Music Man but since I had no idea what I was doing, I was relegated to the status of waiter. That was actually more fun because I didn't have to do any of the work and I could screw with the food of the teachers who attended. Maybe someday I'll be in a play, but (sigh) I'm getting too old to play Biff in Death of a Salesman. (To this day, when I'm in someone else's office I have an almost irrisistable urge to steal a pen.)

Anyway, all this is prelude to this piece I did for the Enquirer for a play at a local university. The thing is I'll most likely never be in a play. From limited experience, I don't think I'd enjoy hanging around theatre people that much. It would be too much like being on one of those reality shows where people are just tooooo much.

Here's a review of the play that ran today.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page