Friday, January 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th

I'm not a superstitious guy at all. In fact, superstition offends me. It's the 21st century! Aren't we past that? Plus, the few idiots that I know where are somewhat superstitious never seem to be afraid of very real things - like their bloating bodies, their nutty kids, their stagnant career, etc.

For a number of reasons I'm in a soft blue rage over my link yesterday - not the one on Nick Lachey - but about the priest at my school. This will be the last post about it because any comments I make is bound to make someone in our close-knit community very mad. The parish and the Catholic school that the Father was in charge of is very small. He was a Pastor to a congregation already in need, he spoke each week at all the classes - including my kid's, and performed the weekly mass for them. He heard their reconciliation. This is going to be a very bad thing for us, I fear.

Yesterday's link also had a few factual errors which I corrected with the reporter and he corrected in today's story. Don't believe everything you read in the paper, sometimes things get mixed up. However, last night the story of the priest was on all the local news channels. Mistakes there as well. Here's WCPO's link. Going down the list of pictures: 1. that pic is not Father Frazier unless there's been some dramatic plastic surgery. Father Frazier is in his mid-50s maybe. That looks like an old guy from the Vatacin II council. The Church listed as Divine Mercy in Bellevue is actually St. Bernard's in Dayton Kentucky. The upward shot is actually Divine Mercy. It's a lovely building, I can tell the time from my deck by that clock tower.

I point this out because the WCPO studios are downtown - a 7 minute drive over to Bellevue to check these things out or they could just go to the website's of each church. If the media is getting these easy things wrong - what are they doing with much more complicated topics.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page