Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Road to Antartica

One of the things I've enjoyed about writing for the Enquirer and the Sunday Challenger is learning about people and what they do. It interests me what people dedicate their lives to...if anything. This latest story is about a physicist who traveled to Antartica for a massive ballon launch. I admire that and am somewhat envious. I'd love to be science guy like that. But I don't have the mental capabilities or the ambition. I like learning a little bit about a lot of things. I get bored easily. What can I say? I grew up in the 70s.

I honestly didn't think I'd get away with writing that opening joke (yes, a joke about a physics story), but my editor e-mailed "Hey Howard, I just got around to reading the Antartica story. I loved it. I'm hoping it runs tomorrow." I have alot to learn about what people in this business want.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page