Friday, January 27, 2006

Snap Back to Reality; Oh, There Goes Gravity

So just when I was having fun scolding you on my site meter - bang - my mother called at 3:15 a.m. today with news that their house was on fire. I didn't get much from her. She handed the phone off to my father who seemed rather calm.

It started in my old bedroom - probably a baseboard heater they said - and spread to my father's office. It's just your typical Schwartzian suburban split-level. As I was on they phone with him the fireman started knocking down walls.

I don't have a lot of sentiment attached to the house so I'm ok there. They are safe. They think the cats are dead. Scary part is that my 4-year old daughter Harper was to be there this weekend. She would have been in the next room.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page