Monday, February 06, 2006

Spousal Smackdown/ I Beat Mark Steyn

Sorry about the lack of posts for the last few days, but I was recovering from that spousal smackdown that the Divine Mrs. M gave me on Thursday. Ouch! I walked in the door that night and was greeted with her chanting "Whaju got say now bitch! Whaju got say, uh!" while poking me in the chest until I collapsed to the floor.

Apparently I shouldn't mess with "Will & Grace".

I've written about a lot here - Islamic fascism, taxes, lib v. cons, the death penalty, Rep. v. Dems, blah, blah, blah - and I get a response - one hell of a response - from an off-handed remark relating to another point about Will & Grace. I'm reminded of a George Will column I read once about the state of American politics (I'm paraphrasing). Will said, "I've written 5 books on politics and 1 book on baseball and my royalty checks tell me where the American heart is."

That's all. Let there be peace on Anspaugh Ave tonight.

Regarding that same post, I'd like to note that I beat the great Mark Steyn in making the same point as above. From his Feb. 5 column,

Thus, NBC is celebrating Easter this year with a special edition of the gay sitcom "Will & Grace," in which a Christian conservative cooking-show host, played by the popular singing slattern Britney Spears, offers seasonal recipes -- "Cruci-fixin's." On the other hand, the same network, in its coverage of the global riots over the Danish cartoons, has declined to show any of the offending artwork out of "respect" for the Muslim faith.

Which means out of respect for their ability to locate the executive vice president's home in the suburbs and firebomb his garage.

Steyn really goes off and the piece deserves to be read in full. But here's another tidbit.

Very few societies are genuinely multicultural. Most are bicultural: On the one hand, there are folks who are black, white, gay, straight, pre-op transsexual, Catholic, Protestant, Buddhist, worshippers of global-warming doom-mongers, and they rub along as best they can. And on the other hand are folks who do not accept the give-and-take, the rough-and-tumble of a "diverse" "tolerant" society, and, when one gently raises the matter of their intolerance, they threaten to kill you, which makes the question somewhat moot.
God save Mark Steyn!

Stay You.
Back to Main Page