Friday, March 17, 2006

In By 6:00

I've got a deadline today...and a regular job to hold down...so its in by 6 a.m.

I have to loosen up...do a little running in place...before I start using those mental muscles. I exert myself to throw myself out of bed but after that its all falling foward downhill until I get to the office. Out of my control but going in the direction I want...until I do my mental stretches.

Scan the Enquirer for an article I'm expecting. Not there.

Read Krauthammer. He's on today. Big Love is the first step in the acceptance of polygomy. It's the next logical step in the gay marriage debate (Like I've always said), but don't blame the gay guys or nutty Mormons.

Marriage has needed no help in managing its own long, slow suicide, thank you. Astronomical rates of divorce and of single parenthood (the deliberate creation of fatherless families) existed before there was a single gay marriage or any talk of sanctioning polygamy. The minting of these new forms of marriage is a symptom of our culture's contemporary radical individualism -- as is the decline of traditional marriage -- and not its cause.
Read lileks. Why? I still don't know why. Quality writing, I think. But would I read anything if the writer had a little bit of style?

Stay You.
Back to Main Page