Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mdm Butterfly Flutters Away

Due to being fed up with people, one of my first blog buddies Mdm Butterfly has fluttered away.

I can't say that I blame her. We're on different paths in life but the same age and the Divine Mrs. M and I are thinking similar thoughts...but I won't speak for her.

I'm sick of people.

There's three types.
1. Grown people who still think like 25 year olds: passionate and serious. Thinking that you are the first person or generation to have the BIG IMPORTANT thoughts you have. Also, that thinking that THIS IS THE WORST OF TIMES or IT'S NEVER BEEN THIS BAD or some such shat. It's ok for 25 year old grad student, but for those in their 30's and beyond it's just boring and trite and immature. This group seems to permeate the blogosphere.

2. Anyone who tells me that they are too business to do anything. Bullshat! I know how American's behave. They watch at least 4 hours to tv a night. I'm not bragging and I'm not bitching but I spend a minimum of 10 hours a day at my day job office. Sometimes I meet clients in the evenings. I work out at least 3 times a week for at least an hour - usually 1 1/2 hours. I write 2-3 articles a week for a major newspaper. I write 3-4 advertorials a month. I usually read the girls a book or two before bed. I help around the house and get to church every 3rd week or so. And I'll still manage to watch the premier of Nip/Tuck tonight.

The Divine Mrs. M. can't get people to help with volunteer projects because they are too busy. I can't get clients to met because they are too busy. I can't get co-workers to do things because they are too busy. Which is just a nice way of saying their time is much more valuable than mine.

You are not too busy. You're really bad at time management and you're lazy. Quit saying you're too busy. You just don't want to do it.

3. Bloodsuckers and victims. Because I don't have a nom de cyber, I can't be too explicit, but there's too many people in my life that add stress and wallow in victimish why me-ism that I'm about the wretch. Friends and family that make demands and don't provide any joy. People demanding entitlement but providing nothing. They're making me contemptuous of mankind.

Maybe I just need a new circle of friends. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's the times. There is either a major increase in crybabism or a decrease in my tolerance for it.

So good bye Mdm Butterfly. Hope a change of lattitude changes your attitude (Is that a Buffet song?) Enjoy.

Stay You.
Back to Main Page