Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Winning Over Your Mother-in-law

That's the headline CiN Weekly gave my piece for this week - hard version is here, direct link here - please comment. It opens:
I went out for a walk last week when I saw six women beating up my mother-in-law. As I watched the pummeling, her neighbor said, "Well, aren't you going to help?"

"No," I said. "Six of them is enough."

Or how about, "How do you stop your mother-in-law from drowning?"

"Take your foot off her head."

Mother-in-law jokes are fun. I've enjoyed them. I've told them. But now they're not so funny. My mother-in-law is in the intensive care unit.
As for the election, I'll make some lemonade tomorrow (milk, milk, lemonade...oh, never mind). I walked for Geoff Davis. He worked hard. I knew he was when he took the time to call me on my cell phone to thank for last week for the work I hadn't yet done that coming weekend. Last night at the TV, he looked about dead.

The Divine Mrs. M. drove back from Ft. Wayne yesterday from visiting her ailing mother so she could vote. She gave me a report after she voted and the General Manager of the KY side of the Enquirer posted it here (scrool down).

Stay You.
Back to The Pure Investor