Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Postal Service and Me

The unofficial, as I learned motto of the United States Postal Service is:
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
Our offices mailman just dropped off some items and I was reminded of just how stupid that motto is. In fact, it's abusive.

This poor guy is freezing his nethers off walking around the west side of Cincinnati in 12 degree cold sans wind chill. For what? So some old ladies can get their Cat Fancier magazine? To deliver 100 lbs of junk mail? Look, I'd rather get my direct tv bill a day late than have this poor civil servant catch pneumonia and die. I'm a small government kind of guy and I hate to waste public money, but come on guys - take the day off...with pay.

Neither snow nor rain...that's stupid.

Stay You.
Back to The Pure Investor