Monday, April 30, 2007

My TV

Ok, today. I'm recommitting to blogging. We spoke and thought it was for the best. We've had our time out. I packed my things and moved into a little apartment new the university where I thought it was hip to live, but I was no happier there. I grew lonely after 4 days, all the women I thought I could met didn't want to met me. Faced with myself; I'd rather face blog. We we talked things out, patched things up and I moved back in.

The kids are happy.

So today I'll write about TV.

I'm really getting alot of joy from it lately. Here's where.

Fox has a new program on called Drive. I think it should have been called The McGuffin 500 or Grand Theft McGuffin. It's done by the same guy did Buffy and Angel and Firefly so I'm all in.

I love Charlie Sheen talking dirty. Talking dirty is easy. People like people to talk dirty on their TVs. However that show does it with such good writing that it puts my puritan side at ease.

American Idol. This was the first year we watched Idol and we're hooked. I'm still struck by the Simon Cowell thing. I was expecting a real dick. He's really not all that mean. Have you ever had a client bust your chops over price? Ever dealt with an attorney working against you? If you go one level over the cubicle people and their structured annual reviews - things get nasty in life and business and Simon Cowell isn't an anomoly. He's straightforward and little blunt but I get pissed too when people waste my time. Come into to my office, make a claim on my time, and arrive late or not be prepared? I'll gut you for wasting my time. Plus, he's right. That trumps everything.

The Shield
In it's last season and running out of steam. Nobody can brood that long without a heartattack -but I still love it.

Everybody hates Chris
Honesty.

Earl
Insightful. More insightful about every level of America than people realize. New immigrants should be required to watch it.

Ok, I think that's about it. More blogging later.

Stay You.
Back to The Pure Investor