Thursday, May 03, 2007

My Book Project

There's an idea I have for a book. It's really good. It's historical fiction. I love it. It's been bouncing around in my head for a year or so. That means it must be good. I sat down a couple of times and cranked out 5,000 words or so. The Divine Mrs. M. read it and said go forth and write.

The only problem is - I don't know when. I hate myself for typing this, but "I don't have the time." Now I really hate myself. Every day I hear people whine that lament. It really bugs me. We all have the time. I just don't want to make time. For example: today I spent 25 minutes bouncing around my favorite blogs. I do this just about every day - usually in the morning and in during hold times.

I could write the great American novel then. I could do it during the 1-2 hours I watch tv a day. But if I don't do those things I get testy. I like the downtime. The only additional plus side of ripping out those chunks of laziness each day would be to concentrate on my boy band career. I could use that anger.

As some of you may know, I'm losing weight - not so much to get healthy but to qualify myself as a slender boy band member. I've decided to be the Scottish version of Justin, but instead of sexy I'm bringing back the surly. My stage name will be James Timberloch. I'll wear a kilt or at least a plaid shirt tied around my waist. I'll do a stomping dance yell obscenities at the crowd then retire to my dark dressing room in a depressive funk. I'll call it "the Family Reunion tour".

I think there's a market for this.

Or I could sit down for a hour a day and write that darned book.

Stay You.
Back to The Pure Investor