Friday, September 03, 2004

Early Mornings & School House Terrorists

A thunderstorm rolled across the city last night. At 4:00 a.m. No. 2 daughter awoke and crawled into bed. She prefers to sleep perpendicularly with her little legs lodged between a parent's 6th and 7th rib. I decamped to the couch. At 5:00 a.m. with thunder getting louder and lightening flashing through the house, I heard No. 1 daughter sliding down the steps. She choose to wedge herself on the remaining edge of the couch. Aaaaaaahh, fatherhood.

Now uncomfortably awake, I clicked on the DirecTV. Yippe, no rain fade! Pulled up Fox News to see what was being said about the RNC Convention, but learned instead a little bit about the Russian school that was being occupied by "militants." From what the BBC describes, I'd say they are terrorists. No mention that these are Islamic terrorists or, if you prefer, terrorists who are Islamic. But I know they are.

One thing I don't see is that American Muslim leader who is always on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and Fox everytime some fanatic hijacks his "religion of peace" and blows up someone or something. What's his name? You know the one? Oh, that's right - there isn't one!

I've mentioned this here before. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but so are they.

The BBC reports the following:
Security forces had opened fire to save the lives of hostages who were being
fired on by gunmen, he said.

These hostages included children. The terrorist were firing on children running for their lives from their own school that their parents had taken them to. Unfathomable and unbloggable.

I'm somewhat depressed. I'm tired. There's a whole day of work ahead.

I'm glad I took No. 1 daughter to school myself today.

Stay You.