Friday, December 17, 2004

Death Penalty and Taxes

Madame Butterfly points out that there weren't alot of comments on my death penalty post Should Scott Peterson Die from a couple of days ago. I can only imagine it was because you were all stopped in your tracks by the beauty of The Divine Mrs. M. But go check it out. Let me know what you think. Here's a hint: I'm agin it.

But today.....I need help. The week after Christmas, I will be doing a roundtable discussion of tax issues with several CPAs for an upcoming feature in The Sunday Challenger. The focus will be the typical middle class reader of the paper and their tax issues. I'm coming up with an outline, but what would you guys like to know? If you would like to know it, chances are my readers will also.

My fear is that the CPAs will speak at too high level. While I'm not a CPA, I am a CFA with an Accounting degree and Finance degree. I don't want to talk down to my readers but speak to there level. A CPA will get excited about a new depreciation schedule for capital equipment. My reader just wants to know 5 things he can do not to screw himself with Uncle Sam.

Thanks and.....

Stay You.

Back to Main Page