Thursday, January 13, 2005

Dom DeLouise is Fat; Prince Harry in the Can; Waylon's Luck

I'm calling all my clients. It's something I do at the end of each quarter to make sure that they stay in touch with me. No one wants to think of their finances so it helps if I give them a nudge.

I bring this up because I like most of them quite a bit. It's just nice to write that.

Got home late last night. The Divine Mrs. M had already hit the gym so I felt an obligation to also go. I got there at about 9:00. 15 minutes of the elyptical (sp?), for 40 minutes I hit the weights, some abs, and then back for 20 minutes on the elyptical. We do 3 times a week (ok 2x during December) but these late nights do not inspire me to health. But I did it - grudgingly.

I tell you this because I came home and needed something silly and what happened to be on, but History of the World, Part 1. Perfect! I tuned in during the Roman scenes. In the scene were Gregory Hines playing a dancing slave, Madeline Kahn playing Caesar's beautiful sexy wife, and Dom DeLouise playing against type as a fat slob. Fast forward 24 years and Dom DeLouise is still a fat slob and the only one in that scene who isn't dead.

Here's my question: why did I drag my ass to the gym until 10:30 last night? I'm thinking these guys are right.

Next on my plate:

Drudge is all over the Prince Harry as Nazi deal. Here's why he did it: He probably doesn't know history. Big deal! The question to ask is that if he was to wear a Soviet uniform would people be outraged? They only killed 20 million or so. Or a shirt with the picture of an organizer of gulags? That's just stylin'. Or if he did a one man show dressed as a ChiCom army officer? You know, the ones that shot up Tiananmem when those teenagers got out of control...and still are. This is a piling on of my earlier post The Right Kind of Tyranny.

Anyway, I thought Prince Harry's family was kind of Nazi-friendly anyway.

Next up,

I sometimes wonder about tragedies I missed but didn't know about. Like Waylon Jennings giving up that seat on the airplane in 59 or a car that didn't hit me because I dropped my keys and had to stop to pick them up. That sort of thing. Would it have given me some perspective? Made me wiser and worry less. I don't know. I guess I'll never know but it's always made me wonder.

Stay You.

Back to Main Page