Friday, August 26, 2005

Holocaust in Canton, Part 2

The Divine Mrs. M took extreme except to my post Holocaust in Canton. The only thing she found more irritating was that no one called me on it and Katie and Nobrainer jumped right into the fever swamp with me. Shame on us all.

I'm not sure if I totally disagreed with my beloved. I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I do have a point. Without getting too personal, The Divine Mrs. M and I met after her sophomore and my freshman year of college and were - except for her stint at grad school - inseperable. Once we were married and decided to have children, it didn't take long (2-years) for a bouncing baby Dagny to come along. So from first meeting in 1989 to 1997 - no kids (I'll leave it up to you to decide how long The Divine Mrs. M. was able to resist my lustful advances).

Simply put: it wasn't that hard to keep from getting pregnant!

Back in my day in 1989 in Indiana, condoms weren't put out at convenience and grocery stores as they are today. No, sir. You had to go ask the pharmacist for them.

Why were their no children? Because we didn't want to pay for them. So we took the necessary precautions - most times more than one. These kids in Canton know they will never have to pay for them; they're parents won't have to pay for them either. I will and so will every chump who gets up early and tries to make something of their world.

I'm tired of being treated like a cash machine. Just about every conversation I have centers around something being done that I have to pay for. I don't particularly like to work - but that's all I seem to do. I have a few movies on Tivo I've been dying to watch, but I've gotta work.

I guess I'm just tired and fed up.

To end of a postive note, here's a nice pic of Cincinnati taken above my town of Bellevue. Some developer is building another set of multi-million dollar high-rise condos in that parking lot just to the right of the bridge extending over to the blue-green roofed hotel that's cut off (article here). More are going in a little up river in Bellevue. But this is the bridge I cross each day coming home and getting to work. Enjoy.


Stay You.
Back to Main Page